Friday, January 27, 2012


James W. Douglass’ JFK and the Unspeakable:
Why He Died and Why it Matters
I’m too young to remember Roosevelt or Truman, but I do remember Ike, and I remember both my high school and college American history teachers impressing upon us his famous warning re the machinations of our military-industrial complex. And Miss Smith gave me a favorable opinion of Ike and his administrative skill in running our country. This book gave me a different slant on him. His passive style demonstrates how little courage he had for dealing with that complex. How cowardly to handoff his presidency to JFK leaving the mess behind.
Over the years I refused to get caught up in any of the various conspiracy theories swirling around JFK’s assassination, but a kindly staffer at Alameda’s Books, Inc. persuaded me that I ought to read this book. It was truly an eye opener. Douglass thoroughly documents all his findings and he convinced me that our own CIA did murder JFK. What a blot on our history. Read the book and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment